Friday, June 11, 2010

Clam Pasta Rockefeller

I tried making the recipe located here because I've been in an oyster mood ever since me and Steve went to an oyster bar. I had to use Alaskan Surf clams and more oil since I had no oysters and forgot to get butter. It was pretty good.

Oysters Rockefeller are more soft and oily, and has different textures when eating. This did not, not just because of my substitutions. It's a dry crumbly pasta with a spicy seafood taste. very unusual, but it works. (Not as well as the namesake, but still)

I plan on seeing an indie flick that payed at TIFF last year --Machotaildrop. Hopefully I'll have time. The review in the Globe made it sounds really unique. While I'm out, I'll take a look at one of the Luminato exhibits in Trinity-Bellwoods park. I'll see if I can get my cheap video camera to work. (It'll be day, so I'll look better)

I'm in a World Cup pool at work, though I know little of world soccer. I was a little peeved, (and not the only one BTW) when the pool website we were using began to have problems the night before predictions were locked down. Suffice to say, a lot of my later predictions have the right teams but for the results I'm now on the record predicting almost everything after July 1st ends in shootouts. Ugh. It's not so unworkable I won't just run with it though as my initial plan was just a monkey with a dartboard anyway.

Finally, this is a director's attempt to arouse interest in a producer for a new Mortal Kombat movie. This is easily is better than anything in either of the two films made in the nineties. While an actual movie will may not have anything to do with what was shown, the director certainly knows how to put together a scene.

1 comment:

  1. This has zero to do with your post.

    If you can, pick up the movie "Hot-tub Time machine". The ad's for it made it seem like some lame gimmicky pg comedy. I assure you it is not, it's actually hilarious.

    Maybe we should save this for the next time you visit. It's great.

    ReplyDelete