Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Betrayal at Wendy's



Dateline:

Wendy's Old Fashioned Hamburgers

Within the perimeter

Two hours ago


I was considering the absurdity of the man next to me ordering two double stacks and a diet cola, when I was presented with the unwelcome sight of an oversized combo being presented on a tray in front of me. Supposedly, my order; this Big Bacon Classic combo came complete with a large fry and drink. Thinking back, I recalled being asked by what I took to be a confused cashier if I wanted a small, medium, or large combo. My bad.

It had become clear sometime earlier that Wendy's definition of a small cola was by anyone else's definition a medium. So I perhaps should have expected that a 'medium' combo would come complete with an extra 70 cents on the pricetage and large amounts of filler cola and fried potatoes. Medium of course was once big-sized. But people don't want big-sized either because they're cheap, or because they're trying to keep their weight down.





Better have a Diet Coke with that.




So why not 'Stealth-Size' it with lies! They're not just offering to make you into a balloon anymore...they're doing it secretly without your knowing consent.

I won't forget this, nor will I be made a chump again.




Yeah... just your-old fashioned craven burger harlot. I'm on to you now.

You and I now have a Medium-sized problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment