Sunday, July 4, 2010

Pride (In the name of Love)

I dropped by Pride today, and when I got back I was surprised to read that the newspapers were claiming attendance of over a million people. I'm not a great judge of numbers, but I'm not sure if that's what was there.

I looked for the Tall ships at the waterfront, and one was still there. I was disappointed however. It didn't seem any different or 'taller' than the sailing ship that's always docked at the Waterfront.



Also, I guess I'm going to have to swallow the post-G20 losses and just vacate the equity market before any more contraction happens. I'd be fine with risk... but virtually every investment I've made over the past two years has proceeded a market-wide contraction by about a month or two. Losses aren't huge I guess... maybe $500 dollars when including commissions for trades. Maybe I'll just convert to cash or maybe just move it all into bonds and debt markets.

Part of this result seems to come from my need to make investments, and 'get it over with' after months of delay and weeks of planning; only for my choices to voided by broad full-on market panic almost right after. Of course, I guess no one finds the 2008-2010 period a good time for any investing. Once bitten, twice shy now seems more like advice.

No comments:

Post a Comment