Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Storm Front Closing


There's apparently going to be a big storm tomorrow. The possibility of getting out of work early exists. I should remember to bring my boots.

I've been able to talk with Rogers, (That's not the guy's name, but I'm calling him that anyway) about the phone plan. The plan apparently is based off of a phone upgrade with a 36 month commitment:


Hold on there Ackbar. This plan is $26 a month, which apparently includes voice mail, texts and access fee in that figure. Pretty good.

The thing is that Dad doesn't need a phone upgrade, and I was hoping to upgrade his plan. Maybe we can get the phone for me and get the other phone number changed to the new plan. (I don't think they're offering the good phones in this plan, but maybe one of the cheaper ones would be a good upgrade --especially if its paid for by the commitment) This plan also if as advertised, may be even better than some of the pay-go plans as well even for me. But I don't think there's any reason to make two commitments and get two phones so unless the option is available without upgrades or commitments, I think I should be going on pay-go.

Would we have trouble if one phone number was changed to a plan but the other phone number got the phone? Is the phone they send capable of having its SIM switched to whatever other SIM chip I want? Does it matter if they're in different area codes? This could get further complicated as Dad's name is on the account but I'm the employee.

Unfortunately Rogers only contacts me through email once a day. Making this pretty slow.


So who saw that coming eh? I think the big difference between Egypt and say, Iran is that in Iran there was a powerful paramilitary police force made up of like minded violent citizen, whereas Egypt only has police and conscript soldiers. Hopefully this will end up with some basic functioning democracy like Iraq without the secular killings.

1 comment:

  1. Each phone has a sim card and they just would send the phone along or you pick it up. Either way, you put your sim in the phone and it works with your number. It wont matter who of us gets the 3 year and upgrade.

    ReplyDelete