Friday, February 4, 2011

I dealt with my cold today by taking some tea bags to work with me and made some tea there. I like tea just fine, but for whatever reason I never get around to drinking any; until now. This is certainly a better idea than just cold water or buying hot drinks. I can't believe I didn't think of this before.

I had some Pepsi throwback today. That's the Pepsi with real sugar. Just as the Mexican Coke with real sugar kind of tasted like Pepsi, so too did this taste a lot like Pepsi. I guess that means that Pepsi usually uses more genuine sugar in their regular recipe.

Jeez. My neighbors stink. I guess they smoke a lot of Marijuana or something because I keep getting nasty odors in my apartment often when they open the door to theirs. It's only once a day at most that I'm smelling it, but I don't understand how those fumes it can be so acrid and travel so easily. I'd complain to the building, but I don't think they were interested the last time I phone a complaint in, and I don't know how they'd follow this up anyway.

I made Mac and Cheese today, and in order to clear out many of my perishable ingredients in the fridge, I am planning to make a lot of stuff in bulk; like pasta. I used the Williams Sonona recipe, (Actually having a recipe is 75% of the success) and added some turkey bacon, (Tastes like bacon-light) dill, (It works, but I should have used more, or not cooked it with the rest and left it fresh... its hard to notice for the other ingredients) and some tomatoes. (Which I can't really taste...but at least it added different nutrients and colour) I used cheddar and some of that dense parmesan like cheese, which in monetary terms was most of the meal. Much like my risotto, this dish's economic cost is almost entirely due to one ingredient. (Cheese is expensive)

I finally got ahold of the Rogers rep. They've got the perfect phone for me:

It is kind of heavy but as you can see it comes with a support strap and text messaging.

No comments:

Post a Comment