Thursday, January 20, 2011

The sweet smell of success

I was told at work I stink.

Not at my job mind you. What worries me is the timing. While some of you have much light of my hygiene, I can't help but notice that I'm hearing of this the same week as my new neighbors earned my ire for their heavy marijuana use. Every night I can smell their stink seep in from the hallway. It seems to pass quickly, but it is rank nonetheless. I advised the concierge of my complaint, but I'm not sure if anyone actually is going to look into it.

Either way I can't smell anything on me, so I don't know if someone just got tired of me after three years or if it is just my neighbor's habit that people are smelling; which I might not be able to do anything about. (I know what you're about to say to yourself, reminding of my own hygiene even though I already mentioned it above... don't bother, I already know...)


~~
I looked at my investments portfolio. I do not want to ever think of doing that again.

Oh, I haven't really lost money per se lately-- I have a growth of 0% over the last six months, which is just temporary fluctuations in a fixed growth portfolio anyway. What made me really angry, (Though I haven't had a good day in general) was looking at my old portfolio:

Average growth over six months: +20%. None of the securities growing less than 11%. Some as high as +26%.

F*** me.

This wasn't some random stocks that did well... or even something someone advised me to invest in. This WAS my portfolio six months ago! That I picked MYSELF... until I got cold feet and switched to something else. Just in time to miss out. What the F! This happens to me every-time I change anything! (Just usually not so spectacularly) I didn't even lose as much in the recession as I missed out on here!


Why can't I get ahead?


I know... I KNOW that I will somehow jump in again when things go sideways again. I don't even know what to do. With my luck, even sitting around on fixed income will just result in huge inflation and surging economic growth. (For those who don't know --that would be bad for my holdings)

I guess the right thing to do is nothing, since I want to do something.


~~
Here are some people jumping Camels:

1 comment: