Tuesday, August 17, 2010

TFC for the win!




On a whim I saw the Toronto FC/Cruz Azul game today. (BTW Major League Soccer is only televised on a subscription channel)

Toronto won 2-1 to give them the edge going into game two of the 2-game series with the former North American Cup runners up. It was a good game even though the action was at the other end of field from me, and the outdoor stadium is nice. There were a lot of people in my section, cheering and chanting. It was unfortunate that the Mexican club managed to score off a free kick with ten minutes to go, as TFC would have carried a major advantage to game two, and the last big play wouldn't have been against TFC's favor. Still, it was a big upset victory.

The ticket was $30 second hand, and I had to run to an ATM, then to Liberty village, then to the field to get there on time. I managed to trip and take a soccer spill on the sidewalk. Ouch. Hopefully I won't be sore tomorrow when I have to walk to Bloor Cinema to continue my Afterdark experience.

EDIT
My mistake. Apparently this is a multi team group stage, not a two game series.

No comments:

Post a Comment